Sportica - France
Location: Calais, France
Length: 4 day/3 night tour
Sportica is a great venue for a school or college trip. UK schools and colleges continue to return to the complex as there is so much to do on site. Grass and new generation football fields are in walking distance for training. As part of the complex you can enjoy a selection of sports and leisure activities. There’s a super indoor swimming pool with a giant slide, roller-skating hall, table tennis, ten pin bowling and tennis courts. You can also reserve the superb sports hall or simply walk to the beach.
The French seaside town of Gravelines is just a short coach ride from Calais and not far from the Belgian border. For this reason it is perfect for a WW1 battlefield tour and you can easily combine this with a Language group, a sports group or any other subject department within school. You’ll find plenty of local character here including a typical
town square with its traditional shops and bars. Furthermore there’s a small local harbour and a pleasant sandy beach.
Sports on offer
• Leisure & Tourism
• Business studies
• Modern Foreign Languages
• Food Technology
• Religious Education
• Art & Design
• Music & Drama
• Korfball (similar to netball)
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
• All travel including ferry crossing and coach transfers
• B&B accommodation
• One hour tenpin bowling
• One session roller disco
• Hire of either three hours of dojo or sports hall;
• Matches/tournaments against French and Belgian opposition
• Excursion to Bruges or Ostend
• An on site SLT representative to accompany the group
• Half board is also available on request for £10 extra per person per night and we can even offer full board if this is what you want.
ways to travel
We have a range of itineraries available, these can also be tailor made and customised to suit a tour, subject or sport.